December 3, 2021

Keeping My Christmas Spirit

This is a photo of the artificial Christmas tree my friend John put together every year since my stroke.  Placing a small folding chair next to this big tree meant I could sit close and lean forward instead of leaning down to decorate the bottom half.  However, decorating this six foot tree is tiring.  Since fatigue is one of my triggers for falling I ordered a small table top tree.

















I enjoy seeing the 3 kings, shepherd, and sheep visiting the Christ child.  I made these figures years ago when my hobby was needlecraft.  I also love the tiny pink and blue Christmas tree balls.  I am amazed by how happy small things make me.

After two years I gave my big tree and normal-sized decorations to my church for their annual sale that raises money for local charities.    homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Rebecca! Your little tree is just precious!

    Leave it to you to always figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    Happy holidays! I just want to tell you how insightful and inspiring you have been to my life. As a former student of yours, I continue to learn from you still 20 years later.
    Stay well,
    Nancy B.

    ReplyDelete