February 17, 2020

Sitting In the Dark

I live alone so when the electricity goes out 2 to 3 times a year I have to handle it.  My stroke took away my ability to know where vertical is unless I can see my surroundings.  So I put flashlights in every room.  My plan worked until last night when the house went completely black while I was watching TV at 10 p.m.  I reached down for the flashlight on the floor next to my couch.  I started to freak out when I could not find it.  The electricity has gone off for hours in the past and sitting on my short couch until sunrise would be awful.  I finally found the flashlight, but after the lights came back on I moved it to the tray on my couch that holds my remote control devices.  


Thank God I have another flashlight on the counter directly behind the place I sit at my kitchen table and a flashlight on the floor right next my computer desk.   homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I do the same thing. My depth perception is way off in the dark.

    ReplyDelete