February 3, 2020

I Am the Queen of Velcro

I buy self-sticking Velcro because is makes me independent and safe.  

I use Velcro to stop a tote bag from banging against my cane when I walk.  The white line shows where the two pieces of Vecro connect.






It is easy for objects to fall out of my tiny purse.  It has a 2 piece latch (see horizontal black line) that is hard to snap together with one hand.  So I put Velcro on my wallet and inside my purse. 



 

The Velcro adhesive is NOT strong enough to stay fastened to my wallet when I pull it away from the Velcro inside my purse.  So I stapled the Velcro to the wallet.  






I put Velcro on foam tubing used to make the handle of a spoon and fork bigger.  Velcro sticks the foam tubing to the shelf that holds my computer keyboard.  This keeps my hemiplegic fist uncurled.  




A computer technician used white tape to stop my USB hub from sliding when I push a thumb drive into a port.  However, the tape covers 2 ports so I cannot use them.  I had a friend put 2 strips of Velcro on my computer desk and 2 strips on the bottom of the USB hub.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

1 comment: