March 28, 2022

Carts Keep Me and My Stuff Safe

A cart saves me from making numerous turns when I bring home groceries. Food that goes in the refrigerator is scattered in several shopping bags.  I collect cold items on my cart, push the cart to the refrigerator, and stand in front of the open refrigerator - no turning and walking back to collect the next item and then turning to face the refrigerator again.  Turning increases the chance of a fall because it is more difficult than walking in a straight line.




Here I am 3 months after my stroke taking a meal to the table.  When 
I got tired of eating frozen dinners heated in the microwave I started cooking.  Initially I cooked one food, ate it out of the pot, and then cooked the next food.  The day I put three kinds of cooked food on a plate was a triumph.  Now I cook regularly and the cart keeps me from burning my hand while transporting hot food. 




A three-tiered cart allows me to sort my dirty laundry by color while sitting instead of repeatedly leaning over and standing up.  This cart also helps me safely transport dirty clothes to my 1st floor laundry room. 

P.S.  I am sitting on a folding metal chair that is stored behind an open door.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog. My husband had a stroke 1 year ago and we are still learning how to live our daily lives. You have so many smart ideas. I will be a regular follower from now on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I had a hemorrhagic Stroke 8 years ago at 37, and love finding new ways to make my life easier. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carts are a God sent that makes carrying a bunch of stuff safer and easier.

    ReplyDelete