March 22, 2022

Freaked Out and Then Aggravated

I took Tylenol for three years because osteoarthritis had created bone-on-bone pain in my neck and low back.  I read on line that Tylenol can damage the liver so I freaked out when my feces turned yellow.  The liver secretes bile which turns feces brown.  My gastroenterologist said my feces would have been gray if my liver was not working at all.  I read the liver can repair itself, but I was not taking any chances.  On February 18th I stopped taking Tylenol.  Two weeks and 5 days later my feces turned brown. 

Now my arthritis pain kicks in every night which makes it difficult to fall asleep.  So I use hot packs that CVS calls Peas.  I put them in my microwave but am very careful to not overheat them.  When I touch them briefly they do not feel hot, but if I keep my hand on them I can feel the heat.  I am very conservative about the time I set the microwave for - 45 seconds for the big Peas and 30 seconds for the Peas I put on my neck.  The heat takes half an hour to be affective which is aggravating.  But it is better than rubbing my body and rocking while I watch TV at night because the dull ache makes me suffer.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment