July 12, 2022

I Never Thought I Would Say This

I thought the hardest thing I have ever done was to recover from a stroke.  A very close 2nd source of stress is moving to Michigan.  My single spaced To-Do List shows what I have to do in the next 4 weeks.    I have a 2nd To-Do List for selling my house.  😢    

In the 1st year after my stroke a gratitude list helped me deal with stress.  Each day I wrote 3 to 4 word phrases describing events that gave me 5 seconds of happiness.  Reading that list at the end of the day changed the way I felt about how my day had gone.  I hope writing a gratitude list now will help me cope too.  When I feel sorry for myself I also say "I am moving towards a time when I am happy and safe."

Thank God I started working on my move two months ago.  For example, I struggled to find ways to get rid of monstrously big furniture.  I am also glad I paid a woman to come one hour every week to do tasks that require two good hands.  Taking a table to the curb for my township to pick up is too much for me.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment