January 19, 2021

Staying in My Home is Not Easy

The independent living facility I hope to go to has a heated underground garage.  Until I move, I need 5 snow strategies because I have to park my car on the street.  When snow is forecast my 1st strategy is to go grocery shopping.  When we get a dusting of snow I use my 2nd strategy.  I use a child-size shovel to push snow onto my lawn.  I sprinkle Ice Melt on my walkway and in front of my car.  The big container is heavy so I use a funnel to pour Ice Melt into a small container sitting in my bathroom sink.  My sound hand lifts the big container.  My affected forearm under the big container controls the degree of tilt.  

New Jersey often gets above freezing after a snow storm.  When the weather forecast says this will happen I use my 3rd strategy.  I wait a few days for the sun to free my snow-covered car.  However, the street has a low spot that captures water as the sun melts the snow.  I need a 4th strategy to cross this small pond.  I place a thick rubber matt over the water so I can to get to my car safely.  

When the weather forecast says New Jersey will stay below freezing after a snow storm I use my 5th strategy.  I pay two teenage boys to clean my car, walkway, and snow that the snowplow has pushed against the side of my car.  They also shovel snow in front of and behind my car so I have a clean parking space.  Old people in my neighborhood are nasty when someone takes the parking space in front of their house.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Your strategy makes me glad I live in the south again...no snow so far just wet.

    ReplyDelete