September 19, 2020

Cheap Equipment That Prevents Spills

Stroke survivors can prevent messes when they cook by using cheap objects instead of buying expensive adaptive devices from a medical catalogue.  For example, my hemiplegic (paralyzed) hand cannot reach up and hold the handle of a pot to keep the pot still when I stir food or flip food with a spatula.  So I slide pots off the burner onto a heat-resistant fabric hot pad before I stir or flip food.  Friction has always kept the pot still.  Now I use a cheap silicon hot pod to hold things still (see below).

An even more delicious way to save money is to use the plastic lid from a peanut butter jar.  This lid catches spills when I measure spices or messy food like olive oil.  It is frustrating to stop to clean up a mess I just made on my counter top.  Using spices is a matter of life-and-death because I am on a low salt diet to help control my high blood pressure.  Low salt food tastes awful without lots of spices.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. It very interesting to look and follow this thing ….

    Cooking Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome that you have found these clever work around and that you are willing to share them!!! If my friend that had the stroke ever decides to be healthy and try to prevent his next one...I will definitely share these with him. Right now, it is like he is trying to have another...UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. . There are reasons that the leading cookware brands have lasted so long. The performance, attention to detail, and durability are well renowned, and so they can often be the best choices of cookware set. copper pans

    ReplyDelete