September 3, 2020

Cheap Equipment That Reduces Frustration

A cheap seam ripper I bought at a sewing goods store got rid of a ton of frustration.  I open seals around the top of bottles by slipping the point of the seam ripper under the edge and ripping upwards or downwards.  Then I pull off the seal by grabbing the cut edge with my sound hand while I squeeze the bottle between my thighs.  Sometimes I grab the cut edge with my teeth as my sound hand holds the bottle.  No more trying to slice with the tip of a knife which shreds rather that cuts.  








I use the tip of the seam ripper to rip open the foil at the top of a pill bottle and dig out the cotton ball that fill half of the bottle.  Preventing decades of frustration is not a small thing - so much energy saved for better things. homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I've had good results with the Seal Peel Pill Bottle Safety Seal Remover:

    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BDLRK4T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I'll try the seam ripper, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reducing frustration during a task that has to be done thousands of times is hugh.

      Delete
  2. I found a empty ink pen does the same thing. I never thought about using my seam ripper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those back scratchers (Dollar Tree) makes an excellent helper for getting dressed. Pulling you bra or shirt down when it gets stuck on your shoulder blade, grabbing the edge of your panties, and helps you put on your socks.

    ReplyDelete