October 20, 2021

Friends/Family Who Volunteer for Big Tasks

I am stunned by friends and family who volunteer to help me with big tasks.  After my stroke I had to move out of my house that had one bathroom on the 2nd floor and a washer and dryer in the basement.  A friend told me I could stay with her while I was looking for a one-story home.  When I was ready to move, my brothers 800 miles away called to tell me they were coming to pack up my house.  Two friends 1,000 miles away called to tell me they were coming to unpack my belongings.  Before I moved into my new home a friend told me she was going to take me to the grocery store so I could buy food to fill my empty kitchen.  I used to think people offering to help with a big task without being asked was something that only happened in movies.

Currently, a friend knows I hope to move to an independent living facility in Michigan to be closer to my brother.  While we were at a restaurant, she offered to drive me 800 miles and drop me off in Kalamazoo before she goes to see a friend who lives 90 miles away.  

This support gives me a big boost in confidance which helps me turn their efforts into a good outcome.  One of the ways I repay kind people is to work hard to succeed.  homeafterstroke.blogspot.com 

2 comments:

  1. If you do move there and only need one-handed help or any reason, I'm only 90 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean thanks for the offer. I would like to meet. I will contact you after I make the move.

    ReplyDelete