June 20, 2021

Task Modification Never Ends

A stroke can make you stop trying when you cannot finish what you started.  For example, curbside delivery at the library is great.  I select a pick-up time on-line and a staff member brings the books out to my car.  However, I am frustrated when I get the books home.  Transporting heavy or multiple books from my car to the house with a plastic shopping bag is difficult.  The bag slips down my forearm to my wrist and falls to the ground.  I tried tucking the books in my affected armpit, squeezing them close to my chest, and walking very slowly to my front steps.  This was a nerve racking trip.

Thankfully an L.L. Bean canvas tote came to my rescue.  The stiff
canvas handles stay flat and separated.  This allows me to grab one handle to keep the tote from slipping off my forarm as I walk.  Success every time is great!    homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment