April 28, 2020

Reading One-Handed

After my stroke I still enjoy reading, but holding a book one-handed is tiring and frustrating.
I am glad I found a book holder that works for every size book.  The clear plastic page holders (see black arrow) move in and out so they adjust to thin and thick books.









The easel arm is also adjustable.  I release the lock (white arrow) and tilt the book holder so it is more horizontal or more vertical.  This gives me a good reading angle regardless of the size of the book or the resting surface I am using.

I found this Actto book holder at amazon.
homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I had almost stopped reading books because of this problem. I ended up switching to digital that I can read on my kindle, phone, or computer. I love reading in the bath tub or in bed. It would be hard to read with that book holder in bed. LOL

    ReplyDelete