September 27, 2021

Organizing My Purse is a Vital Shopping Strategy

Trying to find something in my purse by digging around with one hand is awful.  Organizing my purse reduces frustration when I go shopping.  Every woman organizes her purse differently so my examples are intended to help stroke survivors realize a purse does not have to be a buzz kill.

I put my car key on a green wrist coil to make it easy to retrieve.  I grab the wrist coil instead of searching for the key.  I made the mistake of setting the key down to pick up an object on my car seat and then locking and shutting the door.  Seeing my car key on the dashboard was awful.  The AAA car service unlocked my car after I waited for an hour.  When I made this mistake a 2nd time I knew I needed the sensory cue of the coil around my wrist to tell me I have my car key before I get out of my car.                                                                                                My house key is on a straight flexible coil that is hooked on my purse.  All I have to do is pull on the coil to make my house key slip out my purse.   

I can handle credit cards quickly because I keep them in a zippered compartment that holds only a driver's license, one credit card, an ATM card, and a library card.  While sitting in the parking lot I place the card I need vertically so it stands out from the other cards which are horizontal.  Cards go back in this zippered compartment in a flash.  Less frequently used cards like my health insurance card are in another compartment.    homeafterstroke.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment