April 10, 2017

Saved by Dumb Luck AGAIN

Pain is a great motivator.  A painful crack (black line in photo) that starts in the quick of my sound thumb returned this winter.  Every time I picked up an object the pressure opened this crack which was very painful.  So I was happy that dumb luck saved me again.  I bought a garden glove to wear when washing dishes because this glove is bigger and looser than a regular kitchen glove.  The roomier fit makes it easier to slip on my hand. 

The dumb luck came when I stapled the top of the glove
(see circle in 3rd photo) to shorten it.  As soon as I saw the cuff I created my hemiplegic (affected) hand reached out and pulled the glove on without my thinking about it. 





After I am done using the glove I remove it by resting the glove on a towel.  My slightly fisted hemiplegic hand traps the end of the glove while I pull my sound hand out.





Luck struck again when I realized the cuff could be used to hang the glove on a hook on the inside of the sink cabinet door.

I love avoiding medical catalogues that sell expensive equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment