October 17, 2015

Snow Strategies Are Here

It is October and I cannot believe I already have to use my first snow strategy.  I am paying for the frostbite I endured when I was growing up because girls were not allowed to wear pants to high school.  Imagine walking a mile in below freezing weather with bare knees because you are wearing a skirt and knee high socks.  I arrived at school with hard, white blotches of frostbite every cold winter day.  I think the repeated frostbite killed the oil glands in my skin.  The skin on my legs is extremely dry so I have to apply skin cream after every shower even though it is still 20 degrees above freezing.  

After I put on my underwear and top I use my teeth to pull a disposable glove on my sound hand so I will not get skin cream in my hair and make-up.  I sit on the closed seat of my toilet and pump a line of skin cream on one thigh.  With my sound index finger I pick up skin cream and spread it on my calves and the front of both thighs.  I wish I could tell you how good this feels.  I let the skin cream soak in while I fix my hair and put on make-up.  No scratching dry skin through my pants.  The skin cream has the same subtle scent as my shower gel so there are no
                                                     competing odors.  Happy.  Happy.  Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment