August 26, 2014

Reviewing One-Handed Knives Again


I am reviewing one-handed knives again because I have found a rocker knife that actually works.  The dull rocker knife on the left cuts only soft food and sticks out of my purse.  I'm not going to buy a big over-the-shoulder purse that would hide this nine inch long rocker knife.  I have to push my purse to the front where it will not hit my cane.  I do not want a big purse making my stomach look huge (vanity).

I love the Verti-Grip Professional Knife from caregiverproducts.com.  The Verti-Grip knife is held vertically so my whole arm can press down as I rock the blade side-to-side.  The rocker knife shown above is held horizontally so I create downwards pressure only with my index finger. 

The VertiGrip's sharp blade cuts though steak and pork chops.  It is only six inches long so it fits completely inside my purse.  It has a protective cover that slides off easily so I put the VertiGrip in a small zip-lock bag to protect the inside of my purse.  The Verti-Grip costs $17.95 + S&H, but I think it is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. At the risk of concern trolling, I must admit that this photo of you carrying a knife, blade up, in front of your torso gives me the willies. How about a sheath, pointing downward, outside your hip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never went out of the house with the knife tip sticking out of my purse - I just ordered soft food like fish. Now I can take the Verti-Grip because its shorter length fits inside my small purse.

      Delete